12-Step Addiction Treatment
The battle to overcome a drug or alcohol addiction is a process. Rather than take on more than you can handle, it’s best to battle your demons step by step if you have to do so. To help you on this journey is the tried-and-true 12-step recovery program. This is one of the oldest and most successful forms of addiction treatment service used to overcome the various forms of substance abuse.
Our staff here at California Drug Rehab makes it a point to connect with those who need this type of rehabilitation treatment, and utilize this process to help people overcome their destructive habits.
Benefits of 12-Step Programs
When you seek help from a California rehab facility, you get first-hand experience with just how effective a 12-step program can be for your recovery. These programs offer you many benefits, such as:
- The steps are universal. This helps you seek and obtain support no matter where you are in the world. If you experience a moment of weakness, there is a good chance that you can find somewhere to go for understanding and support to help you through this tough time.
- The 12-steps act as guideposts for your progress. If you are a progress-oriented person, these steps can serve as individual milestones or goals you have attained.
- If you battle addiction, these small victories help you choose to continue treatment.
- You progress at your own rate. A 12-step rehab program does not mean you have to complete your steps in a certain time frame. Some steps are easier to complete than others. Just go at your own pace.
- Many people continue to complete 12-step programs and go on to live clean, healthy lives. This could be an inspiration for you to choose a 12-step program.
Interesting Statistics about 12-Step
- According to AA, 12-step facilitation is now applied to more than 300 addictions and psychological disorders.
- AA estimates that as of January 2013, more than 1 million Americans regularly attended meetings.
- There are more than 60,000 active twelve-step groups.
Here is an overview of each of the steps involved in the 12-step program: